Monday, September 7, 2009

practice, practice, practice.

Have spent a very large majority of this holiday weekend writing news bits and practicing my set for my show. Went into the hall in my apt. this morning and roomie asks, "Have you been on the phone or talking yrself." LOL!!! In fact was talkingto myself. Reading and timing my material that I have written for the show. Of course for those who know me well, I certainly have the ability to talk for 30 minutes. But, wanna hit this shit spot on!!!
A fellow comic gave me some advice recently that I feel has really helped in my delivery while doing standup. "Jen, the crowd is like a girl you know yr goona hook up with. She's already wet, she wants it. Just fuck her!" These words are not verbatim but a cliifnotes of what he suggested.
Totally works. No need to get up there and give too much back story to things. They want the laugh. They want to get fucked. So I guess I'm a slut, because I intend to fuck them like crazy. LOL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment