Thursday, September 17, 2009

A great week for Stand Up





This week I feel has been monumental on the stand up front. Have been taking more chances. Sure some jokes, bits, stories don't always fly. But, the growth is in learning how to fail first. Last two nights have taken to chance of not really having a set to cling to whilew I'm up there. Last night's set @ Waltz Astoria, which is where my first 45 minute set will be- I took the liberty of "winging it". Started off a bit rocky. As if you are sharing the first few kisses with someone, and yr bumping in to one another's noses and the "dance" is still not graceful yet. But, along the way you find that flow that is needed to interpret the passion you feel.

I closed with some material that I know I can say I am TRULY proud of. Videos will soon be posted of these new sets. But for now have some pics to post.

2 comments:

  1. these pics shot @ Penny's Open Mic, Under St. Mark's theater. NYC 9/15/09

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps if you started with the familiar stuff, the time tested stuff, your A stuff....
    Then maybe you could have forgone the lip biting, eskimo kissing teeth clashing... And got right to the tonsil testing.. But I guees you know this already... Like your writing style have yet to see you stand up... Gonna get to that eventually... Any questions??? Jerseylaughs@aol.com Keep diving in Darlin, and dont let the men in this business make you feel any less then what you are...

    ReplyDelete